Color Club Untamed Luxury: Part II-Snakeskin & Resort to Red

This morning I've finished swatching the rest of the shades in the Glitter Nails set of Color Club's Untamed Luxury, and I feel much better having done them with adequate lighting and time, unlike the swatches from yesterday! I may revisit the previous 4 once I'm done with all of them for some better looks. I've also got a more in-depth look at the glitter top coat for you, Covered in Diamonds.

Above & Below: Snakeskin. Wow. Just wow! Being a lover of green shades, particularly the more unusual ones, this shade was love at first stroke. I used 2 coats and I think the hint of a charcoal base definitely assists in getting opaque coverage. This is an olive green shimmer with tiny golden glitter that gives it everything it needs to be a new favorite of mine. Below are photos taken in various lighting and note how it even has the slightest bit of duo chrome with a gold flash.



Below: Resort to Red, while nothing unique, is still a nice glowy red shimmer that also covered very well using 2 coats. This shade has a touch of pink to it.


Below: Yesterday I showed you a hastily applied look using only 1 coat of Covered in Diamonds. I used 2 coats today, took a little more time, and I have to say, I think this is a very interesting glitter top coat. Interesting in a good way!



I'm liking these polishes! I wasn't completely thrilled with one or two of the ones I posted yesterday, but I think when you have 14 shades in a collection, it's not going to be instant love 14 times. Snakeskin is such a pretty olive green--I'm wearing it now and can't stop staring at it. I'm sure I have polishes very similar to Resort to Red, but if you purchase the set, you won't be disappointed in it. Covered in Diamond works/looks better using 2 coats, and the glitters place themselves fairly evenly. I think the first coat gives the glitter pieces in the second coat something to grip on to, and they lay flat on the nail rather than trailing off the edge or giving a rough finish.
More swatches to come, as I'll be starting on the Indulgence collection next. It's so hot and humid out, I dread heading back outside this afternoon!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Color Club Untamed Luxury: Part II-Snakeskin & Resort to Red on social network: