China Glaze Vintage Vixen: Hotsy Totsy Set

I finally got around to swatching the second set of China Glaze Vintage Vixen shades--I guess that's not too bad, considering I still haven't touched my Wizard of Ooh Ahz collection from last year yet! The Hotsy Totsy set contains a perfect mix of shades for the Fall season and I was not disappointed with any of them. Like the others in this double-set collection, they all applied nicely using 2 coats.

Above & Below: Hey Doll is a rose mauve shimmer with multi colored tiny glitter. I didn't think I would like this with my skin tone, but I was pleasantly surprised by it.


Above & Below: Foxy, a darker rich copper shade, is a shimmer with coppery golden highlights. This is a nice shade of copper for me, as it doesn't seem to pull too much orange.


Above & Below: Jitterbug is a darker silver grey shade, with a metal flake glitter finish. The finish on this is smooth as glass and virtually brush-stroke free.


Above & Below: Swing Baby has the same metal flake glitter finish as Jitterbug, and is a shade that look more gold in brighter lighting (above) and more of a darker golden taupe in lower lighting (below).


Above & Below: Ingrid is a rich taupe creme with gold micro glitter that shifts to green and pink. Taupes are a favorite of mine and the shimmer colors add a nice touch.


Above & Below: Bogie is the slightest bit frosty, but don't let that bother you. This toned down purple with multi colored micro glitter is still a beautiful shade, and I love the actual shade of purple, because it's almost a dusty or muted version of grape.

The polishes in both of the Vintage Vixen sets are so pigmented that the application was quick and easy on all of them. I don't think I can pick a favorite because they're all beautiful and perfect for the upcoming season. I love the varied shimmer/metallic finishes and am thankful they aren't actually frosts, as we thought they were from the promo wording! China Glaze has once again come out with a fabulous collection, and I think we all appreciate not only their pricing, but also their willingness to listen to what their customers want .


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save China Glaze Vintage Vixen: Hotsy Totsy Set on social network: