Product Review: True Blue Spa SPF 45 Watch Your Mouth Lip Balm

The True Blue Spa line at Bath & Body Works offers a great little lip balm that's formulated to protect your lips against the elements, particularly the sun. Watch Your Mouth SPF 45 Broad Spectrum Sunscreen Lip Balm applies nicely without any stickiness, and it's a fairly thick formula that doesn't have a high gloss shine or any color. The scent is light and citrus scented, with just a touch of citrus (primarily orange) taste. I don't know about you, but I often forget about applying sunscreen to my lips. I spend a lot of time outdoors during the summer months, and have had my share of burned lips, which can be quite painful! This product leaves my lips soft and moist, and I don't find myself re-applying very often, because it has good staying power. I looked through at least a dozen lip products that I typically use, and not one of them had any SPF in them, so this product is going to be a useful addition to my summer beauty arsenal.

You can find this product at Bath & Body Works stores, and it retails for $5.00 for a .15 oz. tube (this is the same size/type of applicator as found in a tube of ChapStick). The product ingredients are as follows:

UVB rating of SPF45, active ingredients are 2% avobenzone, 7% Octinoxate, 5% Octisalate, 5% Octocrylene, and 5% Oxybenzone. The inactive ingredients are Petrolatum, Flavor (Aroma), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Cetyl Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Lanolin, Sucralose, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate).

*Products featured were furnished by the manufacturer or PR firm for review.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Product Review: True Blue Spa SPF 45 Watch Your Mouth Lip Balm on social network: